Peter Jones Interest Thread

Re: Peter Jones Interest Thread

Postby Peter Jones » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:45 am

squirerichard wrote:I'm interested in getting other forum'ers views on what kind of "some important event" could possibly arise to thwart Peter Jones'es's' plans to visit the Northamptonshire region to play a shark-themed Crazy Golf course either in late May or early June 2014?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1869

I can confirm another date for my travel diary. I will be in Norwich on the 7th September.
Peter Jones

Postby squirerichard » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:03 am

Peter Jones wrote:
squirerichard wrote:I'm interested in getting other forum'ers views on what kind of "some important event" could possibly arise to thwart Peter Jones'es's' plans to visit the Northamptonshire region to play a shark-themed Crazy Golf course either in late May or early June 2014?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1869

I can confirm another date for my travel diary. I will be in Norwich on the 7th September.

I've never visited Norwich.
The Proof is in the Putting.
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:59 am

I have proof that the Peter Jones on this forum isn't actually the Peter Jones we know and love from the BMGA Tour!!! Drop me a DM or email and I'll show you the proof.
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Now a spokesman at the World Alternative Games eh Peter Jones http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news ... horse-race

It must be the same one as its not that popular a name is it...
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:46 pm

The sponsor, mentioned, Whole Earth, make a lot of gluten-free stuff, don't they. I couldn't understand the bit in the article about changing holiday tastes given thaey were only talking about a tiny place in the Brecon Beacons.
Peter Jones

Postby squirerichard » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Peter Jones wrote:The sponsor, mentioned, Whole Earth, make a lot of gluten-free stuff, don't they. I couldn't understand the bit in the article about changing holiday tastes given thaey were only talking about a tiny place in the Brecon Beacons.

I believe they do :-)
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:46 am

Another healthfood manufacturer, Prewetts, once did a Christmas cake that was voted the best in the country 20-odd years ago. It had peanuts in it, as their products tended to. I can't remember whether it was gluten-free, although they've gone more into that market in recent times.
Peter Jones

Postby squirerichard » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Peter Jones wrote:Another healthfood manufacturer, Prewetts, once did a Christmas cake that was voted the best in the country 20-odd years ago. It had peanuts in it, as their products tended to. I can't remember whether it was gluten-free, although they've gone more into that market in recent times.

Prewetts do some very nice chocolate biscuits :-)
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:17 pm

It was Christmas pudding that Prewetts won the award for, not cake as I stated. I don't think it wouldn't have been gluten-free, then.
Peter Jones

Postby squirerichard » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Peter Jones wrote:It was Christmas pudding that Prewetts won the award for, not cake as I stated. I don't think it wouldn't have been gluten-free, then.

Might of been. You can get some quite good gluten free Xmas Puds.

I tend to buy mine in the weeks after Crimbo as the price in the lead-up to Christmas is extortionate. I'm normally too stuffed to scoff a pudding on the big day anyway.
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:09 pm

That's what I do, as well but I never tried the Prewetts pudding, and still kick myself at Christmas that I never found out what the fuss was about. I wonder how it compared to the Heston Blumenthal pudding, with the orange in it, that got loads of publicity. There aren't as many independent healthfood shops, where the Prewetts were normally sold. Up in the north of England, and in Rhyl, the big chain was The Happy Nuthouse, which were taken over by Holland & Barrett.
Peter Jones

Postby Peter Jones » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:37 pm

I might be making my competitive darts debut at the weekend at Butlins, Bognor Regis. And enter the mini golf tournament, if they're still held. I'll probably finally visit the Splash Point course, finally - I haven't seen it yet.
Peter Jones

Postby squirerichard » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Peter Jones wrote:I might be making my competitive darts debut at the weekend at Butlins, Bognor Regis. And enter the mini golf tournament, if they're still held. I'll probably finally visit the Splash Point course, finally - I haven't seen it yet.

Blimey!

Good luck.
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:01 pm

I was told, at the Pebble Beach Adventure Golf, they no longer hold a competition - they used to be on Sunday morning, early. But, yesterday, I won the darts competition in the Hotspots bar. Matches were scheduled between 4.30pm. to 6.00pm., 501-up, no doubles-start, best of three legs. I came from a leg down to win, in each round. I was lucky to go level in the semi-final, as the other player scored better but had double-trouble, but I was well ahead in the scoring in the decider, and then got a two-dart checkout of 89 - treble-19, double-16. I won a golden "Butlins Sports Star" medal on a green Butlin's ribbon.
Peter Jones

Postby Ant » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:09 pm

We had the bunting out, a big 'welcome to splish point peeter james' banner hanging up and a brew on all afternoon (hob nobs too) and you didn't come :(

Still, congratulations on your 'arras win
Ant

Postby squirerichard » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:46 am

Peter Jones wrote:I was told, at the Pebble Beach Adventure Golf, they no longer hold a competition - they used to be on Sunday morning, early. But, yesterday, I won the darts competition in the Hotspots bar. Matches were scheduled between 4.30pm. to 6.00pm., 501-up, no doubles-start, best of three legs. I came from a leg down to win, in each round. I was lucky to go level in the semi-final, as the other player scored better but had double-trouble, but I was well ahead in the scoring in the decider, and then got a two-dart checkout of 89 - treble-19, double-16. I won a golden "Butlins Sports Star" medal on a green Butlin's ribbon.

Congrats on the big darts win.
squirerichard

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics