nicknames

nicknames

Postby Adam » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:44 pm

In lead up to the Kent Open, myself and Tony have been asked by Sean to come up with nicknames as all the other 18 players registered for the tournament already have one (some fairly useless it has to be said)

We are struggling to think of anything both funny and suitable so any suggestions would be fantastic :) Dont hold back from suggesting absolutely anything, even if it is not the finished article it might give us a bit of inspiration

Also, when we were pondering over the topic of nicknames we started to wonder where certain ideas came from,
-Donkey Gringo
-F1
-Who
-Chappers (this one had us really stumped)

Any suggestions for nicknames much appreciated :)
Adam
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby Ace Man » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm

May I unhumbly suggest you read
http://www.miniaturegolfer.com/ace%20ma ... 0blog.html
Part Fore: What’s in a name? (February 2009)

or reread the seminal Nutters with Putters.
http://www.nutterswithputters.com/
Image
Ace Man
 
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby Ace Man » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:58 pm

F1 - Formula 1 fanatic
Who - I may be wrong, but someone mentioned Chris H to me and I said Who?
Cahppers - Standard Chapman thang
Donkey Gringo - Jack Black? Well that's what Scott told me......
Image
Ace Man
 
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby cup cake » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:17 pm

I suggest you think swiftly on this, or you could end up like me, being called cup cake out of desperation.
I'm afraid I've no suggestions, as I couldn't even think of one for myself in time.
cup cake
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby Pasi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Ace Man wrote:May I unhumbly suggest you read
http://www.miniaturegolfer.com/ace%20ma ... 0blog.html
Part Fore: What’s in a name? (February 2009)

Now having read that I must add that Hans III is not any nickname, that's the name of that cuddly toy, a.k.a. Finnish national teams and Neutraubling club team manager, suspected to have passed away in August 2009 since never returned from Waldshut where last seen with Finnish youth team...may he rest in peace. Hans IV will be seen one day, be sure of that.

Now I haven't had that much to do with Adam and this most certainly doesn't fit into Tim's criteria, but I'd say after British Open "Adam 'Oh dear' Kelly". Those missed shots were not many in numbers, but after every missed shot that was young master's comment! I appreciate this highly, since I myself tend to use after missed shots somewhat stronger expressions in whichever language...
Pasi
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby Adam » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Pasi wrote:Now I haven't had that much to do with Adam and this most certainly doesn't fit into Tim's criteria, but I'd say after British Open "Adam 'Oh dear' Kelly". Those missed shots were not many in numbers, but after every missed shot that was young master's comment! I appreciate this highly, since I myself tend to use after missed shots somewhat stronger expressions in whichever language...


:? I didnt even realise this! It must be one of those subconscious reactions, very much like the yee hah reflex richard seems to have picked up
Adam
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby squirerichard » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:00 pm

Adam wrote:
Pasi wrote:Now I haven't had that much to do with Adam and this most certainly doesn't fit into Tim's criteria, but I'd say after British Open "Adam 'Oh dear' Kelly". Those missed shots were not many in numbers, but after every missed shot that was young master's comment! I appreciate this highly, since I myself tend to use after missed shots somewhat stronger expressions in whichever language...


:? I didnt even realise this! It must be one of those subconscious reactions, very much like the yee hah reflex richard seems to have picked up


Subconscious reaction???

Exposure to one too many Wild West themed Hen nights in Margate (and Stratford upon Avon) is the cause of the Yee ha cry!
The Proof is in the Putting.
User avatar
squirerichard
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Parts Unknown (Luton)

Re: nicknames

Postby squirerichard » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Pasi wrote:
Ace Man wrote:May I unhumbly suggest you read
http://www.miniaturegolfer.com/ace%20ma ... 0blog.html
Part Fore: What’s in a name? (February 2009)

Now having read that I must add that Hans III is not any nickname, that's the name of that cuddly toy, a.k.a. Finnish national teams and Neutraubling club team manager, suspected to have passed away in August 2009 since never returned from Waldshut where last seen with Finnish youth team...may he rest in peace. Hans IV will be seen one day, be sure of that.

Now I haven't had that much to do with Adam and this most certainly doesn't fit into Tim's criteria, but I'd say after British Open "Adam 'Oh dear' Kelly". Those missed shots were not many in numbers, but after every missed shot that was young master's comment! I appreciate this highly, since I myself tend to use after missed shots somewhat stronger expressions in whichever language...


Something to do with commentary would be apt as it seems to run constantly with Adam, and highly entertaining it is too.

Adam "Motson" Kelly perhaps?
The Proof is in the Putting.
User avatar
squirerichard
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Parts Unknown (Luton)

Re: nicknames

Postby squirerichard » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:04 pm

... "The Belly" Kelly

... "The Jelly" Kelly

... "The Smelly" Kelly

... "The Welly" Kelly
The Proof is in the Putting.
User avatar
squirerichard
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Parts Unknown (Luton)

Re: nicknames

Postby Ace Man » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Ned
Image
Ace Man
 
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby Ace Man » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:20 pm

I'm thinking -cally suffixes or phonetically similar

Hence Tri, Over Optomisti, Radi
Image
Ace Man
 
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby Adam » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:22 pm

This is good, keep em coming

What about Tony?
Adam
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby Ace Man » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Commy? Comi?
Image
Ace Man
 
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby Ace Man » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Got it!
Magi !!
Image
Ace Man
 
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby cup cake » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 pm

hero - i - kelly
kelly savalas
kriptonite kelly
killer kelly
krazy kelly
helterskelter kelly
kool kelly
king kelly
king kong kelly
(the wine is obviously kicking in now - Nick is sat here shouting them out)
'king kelly!
T K Max
A K 47 (11 over par)
right, time we went to bed, it's obviously getting worse! :roll:
cup cake
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: nicknames

Postby Ace Man » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:48 am

Magic
Image
Ace Man
 
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Next

Return to General Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron