Annual 'festive season' shenanigans

Annual 'festive season' shenanigans

Postby squirerichard » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:03 pm

Hello all,

With Christmastime but 56 days away I am planning the regular meet-up of the irregular characters that make-up the 'shenanigan gang' of Crazy Minigolfers.

For the last few years we've played Darts on our night out, but this year the suggestions have been for London Skittles and for Pétanque/Boules.

There are pubs in London that offer both of these fine sports and I'll be booking as a lane or piste for our 'do' soon.

If you're interested in coming along then do let me know, comment away below, or just turn up on the night (but don't expect to play if you do that lol).

This evening out is open to all!

Cheers,

Squire

Here's a link to last year's 'do' (and there are links to the Xmas fun events since 2009 at the bottom of the post) http://hamandeggerfiles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/results-from-minigolfers-annual.html

Crazy Golfers Christmas Do/Shenanigans Hall of Fame
2012 – Brad ‘The Fist’ Shepherd – Riverclose Worlds UnProfessional Minigolfer's Darts Championship
2011 – Brad ‘The Fist’ Shepherd – Rivernear Worlds Professional Crazy Golfers Darts Championships
2010 – Brad ‘The Fist’ Shepherd – Christmas Minigolf 9-Hole Putting Green Sudden Death Challenge
2010 – Keith Kellard & Jon Angel (Team KJ Choice) – Sim BIG Golf Par-3's of the World Doubles Challenge
2009 – Brad ‘The Fist’ Shepherd – Christmas-themed Crazy Golf at Devonshire Square
Before Records Began – Lionel ‘The Spoon’ Bender – Crazy Golf Contest
The Proof is in the Putting.
squirerichard

Re: Annual 'festive season' shenanigans

Postby BradShepherd » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Count me in
BradShepherd

Postby squirerichard » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:32 pm

BradShepherd wrote:Count me in

I'm afraid that as you have retired you are not allowed to enter the fray :twisted: ;)
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Petanque'ing on Chancery Lane will be this year's shenanigan.

12th December if you're interested.
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:18 pm

The prize has been bought.

It is suitably awful.

Awful.
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:38 am

Here's the report from the Minigolfer’s Annual Christmas Shenanigans ‘Do’ in London last night.

Well done to Lems for the BIG win!

http://hamandeggerfiles.blogspot.co.uk/ ... nnual.html
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Daphne Fowler off Eggheads used to play skittles in Weston-super-Mare, where she still lives. She spoke about it when she was a contestant on Bullseye in 1982.
Peter Jones

Postby Ace Man » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Les Roast beef, pah!
Lemony, congratters but I challenge tu.
Pétanque à l'aube!!
Ace Man

Postby squirerichard » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Peter Jones wrote:Daphne Fowler off Eggheads used to play skittles in Weston-super-Mare, where she still lives. She spoke about it when she was a contestant on Bullseye in 1982.

Skittles in 2014 then?
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Ace Man wrote:Les Roast beef, pah!
Lemony, congratters but I challenge tu.
Pétanque à l'aube!!

Lems says "Oui" to your défi.

She also said* "L'amener sur!"

* via Google Translate
squirerichard

Postby Ace Man » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Bring it on!
Huwy could beat Lemony!! Mind you he is pretty useful.
Having played Rugby for one town, he is now playing footy for another bigger one.
Guess who his coach is Coach?
Ace Man

Postby Peter Jones » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:13 pm

I've got back into practicing on the dartboard. I started at Christmas, and only missed a few days, so I'll be ready for any darts side tournament or if there's a return to the oche at the Festive Season Shenanigans. After my 20-odd year near-total absence from darts, I've got 25 180s in the six months since. I got the first with the Winmau 19g darts provided with the Lakeside board from Argos; three with a Bobby George 85% tungsten 24g set, also from Argos; 16 with Harrows 80% 27g; one more with the Bobby George set, and the last four with the Torpedoes again.

There was the county player, who was mentioned, but is there anyone out there who'd be expected to beat me? I was thinking of getting some competetive action soon, after seeing an appeal for players, from the Late Lounge in Rhyl. I've never had much experience of outside competition, having never thrown a dart in a pub. I mentioned, once, that I'd stayed at the Lakeside, Frimley Green, in 2004, so I've been to the auditorium where the tournaments are held, but for a non-darts event. No prizes for guessing what type of event. There were darts and pool competitions banners at the golf club between Rhyl and Prestatyn last year, so I had planned to enter, but I didn't see anything mentioned for this year, so I'm still looking for somewhere to make my grand entrance.
Peter Jones

Postby squirerichard » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:09 pm

Peter Jones wrote:I've got back into practicing on the dartboard. I started at Christmas, and only missed a few days, so I'll be ready for any darts side tournament or if there's a return to the oche at the Festive Season Shenanigans. After my 20-odd year near-total absence from darts, I've got 25 180s in the six months since. I got the first with the Winmau 19g darts provided with the Lakeside board from Argos; three with a Bobby George 85% tungsten 24g set, also from Argos; 16 with Harrows 80% 27g; one more with the Bobby George set, and the last four with the Torpedoes again.

There was the county player, who was mentioned, but is there anyone out there who'd be expected to beat me? I was thinking of getting some competetive action soon, after seeing an appeal for players, from the Late Lounge in Rhyl. I've never had much experience of outside competition, having never thrown a dart in a pub. I mentioned, once, that I'd stayed at the Lakeside, Frimley Green, in 2004, so I've been to the auditorium where the tournaments are held, but for a non-darts event. No prizes for guessing what type of event. There were darts and pool competitions banners at the golf club between Rhyl and Prestatyn last year, so I had planned to enter, but I didn't see anything mentioned for this year, so I'm still looking for somewhere to make my grand entrance.

:D
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Six months til Christmas Eve.
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:58 pm

squirerichard wrote:Six months til Christmas Eve.

I should be able to reach 100 maximums, for the first year, by then. Still on 25, but when I had a misthrow, earlier today, that landed in the bottom-left of the treble-18, but I got a 174 by using it as a marker. the Winmau board, I mentioned, is a standard Blade 4, with a Lakeside cabinet. In a magazine feature, Englebert Humperdink had one in the bar at his UK home, but with a Unicorn board. He also had a Bobby George board. The Argos darts are in special boxes, where the darts aren't displayed, and have the player's nickname gimmick. I noticed, a while ago, that the Andy Fordham board, with surround and the other bits, is cheaper than the same surround alone.
Peter Jones

Postby Peter Jones » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:27 pm

three treble-18s are 162 of course. I was waiting to see if anyone would spot my deliberate mistake.
Peter Jones

Next

Return to General Topics