Peter Jones Interest Thread

Re: Peter Jones Interest Thread

Postby Paul Johnson » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:06 pm

:lol: :lol: is that his new mini golf nick name.sounds good :lol:
JOhnson Paul Johnson
Paul Johnson

Postby perfect par » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:08 pm

where have you been hiding all this time peter ?
perfect par

Postby squirerichard » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 am

Peter Jones wrote:It's clearly highly sophisticated and extensively researched, although I've noticed you do get different results when you key in different versions of your name: I tried it by shortening my name, dropping the R, and it came out with 'Bobby Chinstrap', and incidentally, Cliff Jones comes out as Cliff 'Vadar' Jones. If you'd done the same with your's, Richard, you'd be known as Dick 'Toe Licker' Gottfried.

My goodness!
The Proof is in the Putting.
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 am

Odd it didn't come out as 'Lazarenko'.
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:12 pm

I kept hitting the wire with darts nicknames. I remember, in Weymouth, Kevin Mosesley asked me how I got my minigolf nickname, and whether someone suggested it: As if I'd told them I played competetive minigolf but lacked a nickname, and they said 'Oh, have you thought of 'The CrazyAced Assassin'?, Peter?' The idea came about from remembering, when I was 25, that people thought I only looked 15 (I'm knocking on a bit now: 47 in September). It did actually only take me seconds to find a play on words, which wasn't difficult.

I haven't got one of those names that you can do something creative with, ie. Dennis 'The Heat' Ovens. I'd actually thought The Slightest Touch wouldn't be bad, as it has matching walk-on music with ready-made electricity gimmick. For some reason, I'd overlooked the obvious rhyme with dart flights, as I hadn't got round to listing what words rhyme with it, that could create a nickname - and I'd have stumbled upon it on a darts forum, if I'd read them. They don't just have 20 suggestions on a loop, on the John Smiths generator; it was a freak co-incidence.
Peter Jones

Postby Ant » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:27 pm

There is NO WAY you are 47 Peter.

You have discovered the elusive elixir of eternal youth. What CREAM do you use and where can I buy it?
Ant

Postby Peter Jones » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks, I suppose I've kept the wrinkles at bay. I don't know whether it's down to having avoided soap, for the best part of 30 years.
Peter Jones

Postby Ant » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Soap is so over rated
Ant

Postby Peter Jones » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:08 pm

I remember, I decided against using soap, after seeing an interview with Honor Blackman, where she was asked what was her secret, and she said she never used soap, so that was good enough for me.

Although I'll miss some good tournament venues, I can't set my comeback until the British Open, but thanks for all the mentions.
Peter Jones

Postby squirerichard » Sat May 25, 2013 11:07 am

While taking part in Kevin Moseley's Bar Billiards pub crawl last week (http://hamandeggerfiles.blogspot.co.uk/ ... crawl.html) we spotted this plaque in the first pub!
Attachments
Bar Billiards in London 180513 (12).jpg
Peter Jones
Bar Billiards in London 180513 (12).jpg (23.73 KiB) Viewed 5848 times
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Conwy county council have voted for demolition of Colwyn Bay Victoria Pier. All is not yet lost, as it will rumble on for years. There's the conflict of who actually owns it, to confuse matters. The council could have gone most of the way to restoring it by not going ahead with their "seafront masterplan" and the hideous building they've just put there. Very divided opinions on the council, but going by the comments by councillors and the local public, it comes down to a lot of people just not wanting a pier there. A lot of people believe in modernism; everything having to be new.

Some of the public are in the middle, saying it should be demolished but replaced by a new one. They'd probably say that equally if it was a Eugenius Birch pier or by another pier builder. They don't know enough about the subject.
Peter Jones

Postby squirerichard » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:20 pm

I'm interested in getting other forum'ers views on what kind of "some important event" could possibly arise to thwart Peter Jones'es's' plans to visit the Northamptonshire region to play a shark-themed Crazy Golf course either in late May or early June 2014?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1869
squirerichard

Postby Ant » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Maybe being blind-sided by a random Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Cymru?
Ant

Postby squirerichard » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:56 am

Ant wrote:Maybe being blind-sided by a random Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Cymru?

That could do it. After all, it is the premier artistic event in Wales and one of Europe's largest and oldest cultural festivals.
squirerichard

Postby Ant » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:07 pm

It would be more successful if it was more conducive to a twitter hastag ;)
Ant

Postby squirerichard » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:19 pm

I expect Peter Jones' list of his "Top Twenty Lactose Intolerant Rugby Players" to appear here soon...
squirerichard

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics