Peter Jones Interest Thread

Re: Peter Jones Interest Thread

Postby Peter Jones » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 pm

I'll be back on the BMGA Tour soon, thanks. I wish I'd never mentioned that bus driver calling me Cliff every time I got on his route, though.
Peter Jones

Postby Paul Johnson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Glad you ok peter see you soon.
JOhnson Paul Johnson
Paul Johnson

Postby squirerichard » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Peter Jones wrote:I'll be back on the BMGA Tour soon, thanks. I wish I'd never mentioned that bus driver calling me Cliff every time I got on his route, though.

Brilliant news Cliff. That's made my year that has ;)
The Proof is in the Putting.
squirerichard

Postby Pasi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:50 pm

You may be back Peter, but your air hockey title is gone for good! Welcome! Good to have you back! :D
Pasi

Postby Ant » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Welcome HOME Peter :lol:
Ant

Postby owen » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:24 pm

Chappers goes Peter returns. :D :D :D :D :D
owen

Postby Peter Jones » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:30 pm

I'll enter some tournaments this year, diary allowing as I'll have some unfinshed business to deal with.

Actually, the only nickname I've been given, that's stuck, was Jonesey in primary school only, which they copied from the name given by Private Walker to Corporal Jones.

It looks as though Pasi's got the hang of air hockey now. Disappointing showing for Kevin Mosesely, though, but what a good nickname for Owen. A bit disappointed, also, with Michael Smiths 2012 form in the minigolf.
Last edited by Peter Jones on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Jones

Postby Ace Man » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:57 pm

Finish that business Peter! :evil:
Welcome back Kotter :D Does anyone remember that show? :ugeek:
I do :geek:
Ace Man

Postby Peter Jones » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Thanks. I don't remember it all, myself.
Peter Jones

Postby Ace Man » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:18 pm

It was a classic, with a young JT :D
Ace Man

Postby otterpond » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Peter Jones wrote:I'll enter some tournaments this year, diary allowing as I'll have some unfinshed business to deal with.

Actually, the only nickname I've been given, that's stuck, was Jonesey in primary school only, which they copied from the name given by Private Walker to Corporal Jones.

It looks as though Pasi's got the hang of air hockey now. Disappointing showing for Kevin Mosesely, though, but what a good nickname for Owen. A bit Disappointed, also, with Michael Smiths 2012 form in the minigolf.

Great gamesmanship, PJ. Your misspelling of my surname has goaded me into my first forum post for many months :)
I was unlucky enough to be drawn against Brad "Fist Of Fury" Shepherd in the first round, and he was faultless. Oh well. Who gives a flying puck.

And on the subject of nicknames, I hope you enjoy this poem by legendary poet John Hegley :

The Snub
At school I used to play a lot of Subbuteo
(a table football game)
and they used to call me Sub
and it was good to have a nickname
until they told me it stood for sub-standard
otterpond

Postby Peter Jones » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:51 pm

I see the 'Avon Mouth' is at it again - I'm not rising to it. As it happens, I've still got a 1970s Norwich City Subbuteo team I had as a boy. At least Kevin can't be accused of being a glory-hunter: supporting a team in Norfolk when he's from the West Country.

Has anyone tried the John Smiths Darts Nickname Generator? I've been scrabbling around for one for a long time. I'd settled on my walk-on music, The Slightest Touch, but kept drawing blanks on the name. Then I tried the John Smiths generator, simply typed in my first name and surname, clicked on 'generator', and the name it gave me was 'The Flightest Touch'. What a strange co-incidence, that is!
Peter Jones

Postby squirerichard » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Peter Jones wrote:I see the 'Avon Mouth' is at it again - I'm not rising to it. As it happens, I've still got a 1970s Norwich City Subbuteo team I had as a boy. At least Kevin can't be accused of being a glory-hunter: supporting a team in Norfolk when he's from the West Country.

Has anyone tried the John Smiths Darts Nickname Generator? I've been scrabbling around for one for a long time. I'd settled on my walk-on music, The Slightest Touch, but kept drawing blanks on the name. Then I tried the John Smiths generator, simply typed in my first name and surname, clicked on 'generator', and the name it gave me was 'The Flightest Touch'. What a strange co-incidence, that is!

I had a go on the John Smiths Darts Nickname Generator when I won my John Smiths Darts 'People's Darts' Darts Shirt a few years ago. It came up with 'Squire'.
squirerichard

Postby thighs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Peter Jones wrote:Has anyone tried the John Smiths Darts Nickname Generator? I've been scrabbling around for one for a long time. I'd settled on my walk-on music, The Slightest Touch, but kept drawing blanks on the name. Then I tried the John Smiths generator, simply typed in my first name and surname, clicked on 'generator', and the name it gave me was 'The Flightest Touch'. What a strange co-incidence, that is!

Mine comes out as The Stilletto. Might as well add another nickname to the list.
Oh and welcome back from me too, Peter. Was disappointed you weren't on the tour in my comeback season, but will be great to see you back in 2013.
thighs

Postby squirerichard » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Peter Jones wrote:I see the 'Avon Mouth' is at it again - I'm not rising to it. As it happens, I've still got a 1970s Norwich City Subbuteo team I had as a boy. At least Kevin can't be accused of being a glory-hunter: supporting a team in Norfolk when he's from the West Country.

Having re-read this post I've added it to my Top Ten of posts ever written. Well maybe Top Twenty.

I think Jonesy has been in France during 2012 training in Gamesmanship with Ace Man.
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:47 pm

It's clearly highly sophisticated and extensively researched, although I've noticed you do get different results when you key in different versions of your name: I tried it by shortening my name, dropping the R, and it came out with 'Bobby Chinstrap', and incidentally, Cliff Jones comes out as Cliff 'Vadar' Jones. If you'd done the same with your's, Richard, you'd be known as Dick 'Toe Licker' Gottfried.
Peter Jones

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics