[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The UnOfficial British Minigolf Forum • View topic - Peter Jones Interest Thread

Peter Jones Interest Thread

Peter Jones Interest Thread

Postby Ant » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Palace Pier for sale. Asking price rumoured to be £24 million

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9111305. ... _for_sale/
Ant

Re: Peter Jones Interest Thread

Postby squirerichard » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:01 pm

I predict that this thread becomes the most well read, most commented on, and most bizarre thread ever :D
The Proof is in the Putting.
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:34 pm

The Noble Group seem to be terrible people. They opposed all the efforts to save the West Pier which was the best surviving pier built by the master pier-builder Eugenius Birch - of the remaining examples, most bore little resemblance to their original design.

As I've got my own interest thread for posts about piers, waxwork museums, Five Star and the like, I can add some unexpected news I've just found out: Denise Pearson, the lead singer of Five Star, will be in Hastings on the weekend of the WCGC. She's singing at the White Rock Theatre on the Saturday night as one of the cast of a new theatre show called Respect La Diva.
Peter Jones

Postby squirerichard » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Peter Jones wrote:The Noble Group seem to be terrible people. They opposed all the efforts to save the West Pier which was the best surviving pier built by the master pier-builder Eugenius Birch - of the remaining examples, most bore little resemblance to their original design.

As I've got my own interest thread for posts about piers, waxwork museums, Five Star and the like, I can add some unexpected news I've just found out: Denise Pearson, the lead singer of Five Star, will be in Hastings on the weekend of the WCGC. She's singing at the White Rock Theatre on the Saturday night as one of the cast of a new theatre show called Respect La Diva.

:D
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:51 pm

And if that wasn't enough - Brad's Band are playing in Hastings a few nights before the World Crazies too :D

2 gigs in a weekend! I can't wait.
squirerichard

Postby BradShepherd » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:32 am

We're also playing on that Saturday night (29th October), but at the Tubman boozer. Tough call for you all!
BradShepherd

Postby squirerichard » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:34 am

BradShepherd wrote:We're also playing on that Saturday night (29th October), but at the Tubman boozer. Tough call for you all!

Cliff at a Punk Gig! I can't wait :D
squirerichard

Postby Peter Jones » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:06 pm

The national tour of Respect la Diva has been postponed. It will be on at the Garrick Theatre, London in September, then, if it's popular enough, it might go around the country next year. At least I'll be able to get some practice on Saturday night, and won't be distracted trying to spot Denise around Hastings - unless there's still tickets left at The Tubman. Every cloud has a silver lining, plus the old woman is being evicted on Tuesday, so I'll be able to get a bit of peace.
Peter Jones

Postby Ace Man » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Just stand in Cambridge Road and listen for free.
Ace Man

Postby Paul Johnson » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Peter Jones wrote:The national tour of Respect la Diva has been postponed. It will be on at the Garrick Theatre, London in September, then, if it's popular enough, it might go around the country next year. At least I'll be able to get some practice on Saturday night, and won't be distracted trying to spot Denise around Hastings - unless there's still tickets left at The Tubman. Every cloud has a silver lining, plus the old woman is being evicted on Tuesday, so I'll be able to get a bit of peace.

The old womon is that your nutter neighbour Peter ? :lol:
JOhnson Paul Johnson
Paul Johnson

Postby BradShepherd » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 am

I've arranged for this gig to be free entry - so all are welcome. Local band Vice Like Grip are supporting us.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160241577375415
BradShepherd

Postby Pasi » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:11 am

It sounds like there's gonna be a new Hastings experience coming up! Curry and punk on Saturday night! Why not.
Pasi

Postby BradShepherd » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Our new album will be on sale at the gig for £5 - we'll even sign it for you. It's going to be so loud that even Alan may struggle to fall asleep in the Tubman that night
BradShepherd

Postby Peter Jones » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:30 pm

It's my neighbour, as Paul guessed. She slept out all of last night on my doorstep with heavy rain throughout. She ignored all the people coming and going in the morning. But the doctors had a look at her recently and said there's nothing wrong with her mental health. She's from Leeds.
Peter Jones

Postby Paul Johnson » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Peter Jones wrote:It's my neighbour, as Paul guessed. She slept out all of last night on my doorstep with heavy rain throughout. She ignored all the people coming and going in the morning. But the doctors had a look at her recently and said there's nothing wrong with her mental health. She's from Leeds.

No mor chocolate rolls then Peter
JOhnson Paul Johnson
Paul Johnson

Postby Paul Johnson » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:44 pm

She could be your doubles partner at doridge :lol:
JOhnson Paul Johnson
Paul Johnson

Next

Return to General Topics