1) Martin Greenhead (CEMGC) lost to Will Donnelly (MMGC) at third sudden death hole (Hastings Crazy 12.03.17)
2) Tiger Pragnell (MMGC) lost to Andy Exall (KMGC) 6&4 (Hastings Adventure 12.03.17)
3) Dean Cripps-Humphrey (KMGC) beat Owen Johnson (KMGC) 6&5 (Hastings Adventure 10.03.17)
4) Tony Kelly (KMGC) v Matt Dodd (KMGC)
5) John McIver (PHCGC) v Dave Gomm (PHCGC)
6) Adrian Amey (CEMGC) v Adam Kelly (KMGC)
7) David Hartley (PHCGC) v Sean Homer (KMGC)
8) Terry Exall (PHCGC) v Seve Kukielka (MMGC)
9) Mark Wood (CEMGC) v Chris Clark (KMGC)
10) Steve Lovell (SWMGC) beat Paul Johnson (KMGC) 2&1 (Hastings Crazy 12.03.17)
11) Marc Chapman (KMGC) v Dave Donnelly (KMGC)
The players will be able to decide between them where and when the tie is to be played (this can be at any course) and players are encouraged to take photos and video footage where possible to highlight their own matches (along with announcing the date and venue of the tie in advance to give spectators the chance to attend!).
There are cut off dates for matches in each round to be played (see below) and if players have not played the match by the deadline then the tie will go to a 'pools panel' who will look at how many official BMGA events each player has attended in the timeframe. If one player has attended more then they will be awarded the tie. If however this is not decisive then both players will be disqualified from the championship and one of the losers from a completed match will progress to the next round in their place!
The primary reason for this rule is quite simply to ensure that the matches are played out to a conclusion
The deadlines for matches are as follows:
* Round 1 - by end of day 16th April
* Round 2 - by end of day 7th May
* Quarter finals - by end of day 11th June
* Semi Finals - by end of day 7th July
The final and third place play off will be contested over the weekend of the British Open (8th / 9th July).
Each match will be contested over 18 holes (or more if the match is tied at this point). Players will toss a coin to decide who goes first at the first hole. Players will then alternate teeing off (one player will always tee off first on odd numbers, the other on evens). Each player plays out the hole to completion before the second player tees off (one ball in play). If a match is tied after 18 holes then the match reverts to sudden death from hole 1 (players again toss a coin to decide who plays first at the first sudden death hole). Players continue to alternate tee off until the match is decided.
After the match has been completed, the result (and any photos, etc) need to be emailed to
Results from each match will then be published on the BMGA website.
Each subsequent round will see a draw take place to confirm the next wave of fixtures.
DRAW NUMBERS FOR ROUND 2
1) Derek Bentall (SWMGC)
2) Nuno Cunha (VMGC)
3) Marion Homer (KMGC)
4) Andy Wilde (CEMGC)
5) Marion Hartley (PHCGC)
6) Dean Cripps-Humphrey (KMGC)
7) Andy Exall (KMGC)
8) Steve Lovell (SWMGC)
9) Will Donnelly (MMGC)